Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Nordstrom Rack, how you do take my money...

For those who live in the Seattle area, you probably heard about the "new" Nordstrom Rack. For those of you who are not from this area, the downtown Nordstrom Rack was relocated to a larger and more convenient venue. Not only are things more organized and accessible, the interior of the store is much more pleasant. If you have not yet experienced it... stay away lest you spend more money than you bargained for.

The evening started out as a quiet Tuesday night, just me and my friend S, out casually shopping. I had a couple things on my list I was in search of: more leggings (my upper thighs like to eat them) and a pair of jeans from Nordstrom Rack that I had fallen in love with but had to leave them behind due to my lack of funds. At that time, it was the end of the month- I get paid once at the beginning of every month, so funds were non existent. There was no place to procure that extra money. Anyway... We stopped into the Rack to find these perfect jeans. Alas, they were no where to be found. I was feeling thoroughly disappointed and blaming J for convincing me I needed the gas money more than those gorgeous jeans. Did I mention they were dark wash J Brand jeans for $59? I was beyond disappointed.

S was on the hunt for some black flats and dragged me over to the shoe section. I want to preface this little bit of the story by stating I have not bought shoes in 2 years... As I mentioned in my previous post, the last two years have been a bit sticky financially and I am just now able to go shopping (at a bargain) once in a blue moon. That being said, in this next part of my long winded story, I lost all sense of financial responsibility and shopped as if I had gotten a lobotomy. My damages came to:

Sam Edelman Silver Rhinestone Gladiators
Seychelles Black Suede Oxfords

Marc Jacobs turn-lock wallet



I have a huge dilemma on my hands here. Do I keep all three of these purchases? I die for the Marc wallet and LOVE the oxfords. But I think the Sam gladiators are very, very cute and we are heading into summer... despite the stormy Seattle weather we had today. The adult in me is riddled with guilt over having spent a little over $200... but the fashion addict in me rationalizes that all of these were practical purchases at 45% savings on the original prices. Time to attend shopaholics anonymous? I guess only time will tell. It is only the 5th of June and there is a whole month's worth of gas that needs to be paid for. I suppose I will have to sleep on all of this. I do have 30 days to return any one of these items (with tags and receipt, of course). Cheers! xoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment