Thursday, June 7, 2012

Preschool blues

The remedy to an oncoming cold and a long day...
Happy Thursday, everyone! I am happy to say that I survived today. Maybe it was the ridiculously bipolar weather we had in Seattle... torrential downpour one minute then moments later plenty of sun... Today was particularly draining.

I am a preschool teacher at a drop-in preschool in the Wedgwood neighborhood. Though I do enjoy my job most days, feeling a cold or some other illness setting in zaps me of my energy. Hyper active kids (who were having an especially hard time listening today) do not mix with a sick teacher.

My at home cold remedy? Pho! I quickly took myself (with J along for the ride) to Pho Cyclo on Broadway. If you have not had their veggie pho you are most certainly missing out.

What is your comfort food or cold remedy at the end of a long day?

1 comment:

  1. Comfort food- Annie's Mac and Cheese, preferably one with a parmesan based sauce, dressed up with some lemon and hot sauce. It's a close tie with Phad See Ew though. Yummm...my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
    Cold remedy- buckets of hot water with lemon, chunks of freshly chopped ginger and honey. Ooh and stir fried greens!

    ReplyDelete