Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy 2 years! (& one week)

Charleston, SC back in April
I have been working on this post for an entire week, reflecting on the last two years. I wanted to pay my respect to such a life-changing milestone... This picture from my recent trip to South Carolina reminds me of this post graduation process that most of us are dealing with. Saturday the 9th marked the anniversary of my graduation from the University of Washington. I happened to have a view of Safeco Field and the graduation festivities that day. Though I could not see inside, I saw rows and rows of young graduates and beaming parents hurrying into the stadium (UW's is under construction). It feels like yesterday- the excitement and relief of finishing that last final and celebrating our freedom. I cannot believe how quickly time has flown.

My sister's graduation: a few weeks before my graduation 2 years go

Post graduation trip to Europe: @ Colosseum in Rome, I like to make silly faces...
After my trip, I returned with excitement for the future. So many things have happened and changed in that time: my internship at the Seattle Art Museum, being broke and living off ramen in my basement studio on Capitol Hill, meeting Mr. J at Best Buy, the end of 3 years at Julep...

I told you, I LOVE to make cheesy faces
Since then, I began working full time as a preschool teacher. It has been a wonderful and enlightening 7 months since I started there. You fall in love everyday with some ridiculously cute thing some child does and then a mere seconds later someone pees on you... Oh the beauty of Pre-K!

It is hilarious (now!) looking back at the tribulations we have all faced/are facing and how we have survived graduation during these trying economic times. Cheers to everything we have accomplished and what we will achieve in the future! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment