Monday, October 15, 2012

Vanishing Act *Phew*

I hope I have it all out of my system. This disappearing act. It has been two months since my last update. As you can imagine a lot has happened...



The apartment is, for the most part, completely unpacked. Fall finally arrived in Seattle, which led to pumpkin frenzy: pumpkin patch excursions, pumpkin-spiced americanos and of course, Trader Joe's ever famous Pumpkin Bread Mix. There has also been a lot of Fall themed crafting, both at preschool and at home. Personally, I am loving the coffee-filter leaves as window decor. So fun and easy!

 
 
I wish I could say that I have been off on some grand adventure for the last two months, but in reality I have been doing a lot of thinking and a lot of working. There have been two weddings, a bachelorette party, a handful of birthdays, too many good-byes, a few welcome-backs and a surgery. A lot has happened. So much has changed and yet, everything is the same.

I have been mulling over how I can change my life. What can I do to improve on where I am now? How can I work with what I have? It was time to get crafty. I came to the conclusion that it starts with me and my relationship I have with myself. I am hoping I can make some positive, long-term changes. One day at a time.


Cheers! Wish me luck.

J & Me at a wedding in August




2 comments:

  1. The apartment looks grand (and so do you, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kathy! It doesn't feel grand. I am on my third day of detoxing and though I cheated and weighed myself before my 10 days... I apparently lost 5 pounds already. I guess the pain is actually productive? But the workout portion is an hour a day and it's cutting into my cleaning/maintaining household time. I shall write a post about that!

    ReplyDelete